"That Blanchett could appear in the same Toronto Film Festival playing Elizabeth and Bob Dylan, both splendidly, is a wonder of acting."
- Roger Ebert
The Stars of ‘Orphan Black’ pose for The Hollywood Reporter.
Just one, I’m a few, no family too, who am I?
- Sarah Manning (punk, con artist)
- Elizabeth Childs (police detective)
- Katja Obinger (German)
- Alison Hendrix (soccer mom)
- Cosima Niehaus (biologist)
- Helena (angry angel)
- Rachel Duncan (proclone, raised by Neolution)
- Janika Zingler (Austrian)
- Aryanna Giordano (Italian)
- Danielle Fournier (French)"Maslany doesn’t just give the audience a subtly different Sarah seen through a fragmented prism, but seven individual characters, a masterful accomplishment. Each of the clones behaves in her own unique way, each with her own distinctive body language, timbre, and sensibilities. Sarah’s bruised toughness is quite different to Alison Hendrix’s uptight soccer mom fragility, just as the hipster sensuality of Cosima Niehaus’ evolutionary developmental biologist is worlds apart from copper Beth’s no-nonsense brusqueness or Helena’s sociopathic intensity.
The latter character shows just how wide Maslany’s range truly is, as she imbues Helena with the raw anger of a caged animal thrashing against the bars, a sharp departure from her polar opposite, enigmatic and icy corporate warrior Rachel Duncan. Yes, numerous actors have played twins before—often resulting in wildly different performances—but no other actor has come close to achieving what Maslany does in Orphan Black, appearing in nearly every scene over the course of the show’s 10-episode first season run while altering her chemistry in scenes with her co-stars.” [x]
Orphan Black; season 1 [+ roleplay]
There are so many brilliant things that are undiscovered and so many terrible things that are celebrated, so I think it is potentially dangerous to assume that there’s some kind of logic or underlying merit to popular success. I think you have to do what you think is right and keep your fingers crossed.
“When you’re reminded so much of who you are by people - not a fame thing, but with my size - you either curl up in a corner or you wear it proudly, like armor.”
- Peter Dinklage
LOOK AT YOUR MAN
NOW BACK TO YOUR MAN
NOW BACK TO ME
SADLY, HE ISN’T ME
I’M ON A HORSE